Unless you have been living in a world that severely lack any form of social media for bloggers, then I am sure you have seen these brushes doing the rounds. They had been on my radar for a while so when I received my pay cheque, I decided to treat myself and purchase the Zoeva Rose Golden Brush Set from Beauty Bay. The collection not only looks gorgeous but also works wonders and already I am seeing changes to my make-up application from using them. I never realised how important it is to have good make-up brushes but honestly, since buying Real Techniques and now Zoeva, I can hand on heart vouch for how important a good make-up brush is in revolutionising your make-up application. In this Zoeva Rose Golden collection, there were the following brushes:
- Powder Brush – This brush is to be used to apply powder and I have been loving using it with my Bare Minerals mineral veil. I still love my Real Techniques powder brush as it is a lot bigger than this one but I find that the Zoeva Powder Brush is perfect for my finishing mineral veil as it is precise and easy to use; it also feels like a dream!
- Silk Finish Brush – This brush is to be used with liquid foundation which is something I do not really use. I use the Bare Minerals Bare Skin foundation which comes with it’s own special brush but I think this silk finish brush will be perfect, for me, for buffing the foundation in after application.
- Face Shape Brush – This smaller brush is the perfect contouring brush and definitely filled a hole in my collection. I am definitely going to be using this to blend out my Nyx Wonder stick for a great finish to my face.
- Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush – Like the Face Shape Brush, this brush is another completely new brush shape to my collection. The angled shape allows the brush to fit the contours of the cheeks perfectly when applying powder or loose blush. I rarely use a blush but I know I need to start using one so any recommendations on good blushers then please do tell in the comments!
- Concealer and Buffer Brush – I have a brush similar to this one which came with my IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye so I actually experimented by using this one as an eye shadow brush… I know, sue me. It was perfect for applying a base colour to my lid which I could then blend out using my Tarte cosmetics blender brush.
- Soft Definer Brush – This brush is perfect for blending two eye shadows together and smoothing transitions between them. I loved using it in my crease to really blend my shadow for a gorgeous eye look.
- Petit Crease Brush – This brush is tapered for perfect crease application. Previously, I had been using my Real Techniques crease brush which was a lot bigger than this one. I find that this one is great as it is a lot more accurate and precise with application.
- Wing Liner Brush – I have to admit, I am not sure how often I will use this brush. I tend to always stick to my supercat eyeliner from Soap & Glory and am yet to use a wing liner brush – who knows though, maybe I will experiment a bit and give it a try.
The Zoeva Rose Golden Brush Set is the perfect edition to my brush collection. The bristles are super soft and feel so gorgeous when applying make-up. Not to mention, the rose gold aesthetics are so gorgeous and eye-catching. I also love that the set came with a beautiful, brown bag in which you can store the brushes when travelling. I tend to shove my brushes in with my make-up when travelling but now I can keep them separate.
Have you tried the Zoeva brushes?