Nyx Lip Lingerie | Push Up & Bedtime Flirt

nyx lip lingerie

nyx lip lingerie

Ever since I discovered that Boots had finally stocked the Nyx Cosmetics Lip Lingerie Lipsticks, I knew I had to get my hands on them and see how great they actually are (spoiler alert: they’re fab). Whenever I buy lipstick shades online, I always do some extensive research on the different shades. For example, I will watch YouTube videos to see the shades on similar skin tones to mine and I will read what us bloggers have to say about the lipsticks. It is so different shopping for lipsticks online as you cannot swatch the shade and the computer screen can show up the lipstick as being a completely different shade to what it actually is, so it is always a good idea to do a bit of research before purchasing. After having a look around the web, I decided on these two shades of Lip Lingerie: Push Up and Bedtime Flirt.

Nyx Lip Lingerie in Push Up

lip lingerie push up lip lingerie push up

This shade is a gorgeous, light toned nude which I absolutely adore on my fair skin tone. When I was researching the different shades, I was starting to worry that they may be a little bit too nude for my skin; I still have nightmares about the concealer lips trend of the noughties and try to avoid stepping near it at any cost. However, Push Up is just about as light as I think Β I could go with a nude lipstick and I think it looks really nice. I also love the durability and wear of these Lip Lingerie lipsticks. They feel so lovely when being applied and they dry quickly down to a beautiful matte shade. They are really hard to get off at the end of the day which indicates that they are a strong lasting liquid lipstick which is something that everyone wants. I do usually have to reapply as I get my standard line where my lips have been wet but all I do is try and get as much of the product off and then I put on a new coat. I did try just reapplying over the top of the older coat but this made it much more crumbly and bitty which was really uncomfortable to wear. Fear not though as they do apply wonderfully on the first go and they really do last a long time on the lips.

Nyx Lip Lingerie in Bedtime Flirt

lip lingerie bedtime flirtlip lingerie bedtime flirt

This shade was oneΒ that I had been wanting since before these Lip Lingerie lipsticks were available to purchase in the UK. I first fell upon the shade when I was researching Kylie Lip Kit Candy K dupes. The moment I saw the shade Candy K, I knew I wanted one similar. It is so hard to get hold of these lip kits and to be honest I am tight when it comes to shipping and custom charges so I really wanted to find one available to me in the UK. When I stumbled across swatches of Bedtime Flirt against Candy K, it went straight on my list. Obviously, I do not have the Candy K lip kit but the Lip Lingerie shade, Bedtime Flirt, has satisfied my craving for Candy K. It is a beautiful pink nude, but not too pink, and looks so nice against my fair skin tone. As you can see, it is a tad darker than Push Up but it still makes the perfect nude shade. I would say if any of you UK residents have been wanting to try out Candy K then maybe give Bedtime Flirt a shot as it is said to be a close dupe for that shade.

Have you tried any of the Nyx Lip Lingerie lipsticks?

emsalice

23 Comments

1. April 15, 2016 / 6:36 pm

Push up is by far my favourite shade from the range, I just want them all though! There is definitely a colour for everyone πŸ™‚

• EmsAlice
      April 17, 2016 / 3:58 pm

It is such a gorgeous colour and I agree there is a colour for everyone πŸ™‚ xo

2. April 16, 2016 / 4:39 am

I love the formula of the Nyx Lingerie lipsticks! To be honest, I’ve never wanted to get the Kylie lip kits. They’re way too expensive for what they are and there are much more affordable (and great) formulas out there to use in their place. Kat Von D makes great liquid lipsticks as well if you want to check out similar shades!

• EmsAlice
      April 17, 2016 / 3:59 pm

It is such a lovely formula πŸ™‚ They are very expensive, especially for us UK residents, and I have heard of the Kat Von D ones but again as a UK resident I find them hard to get hold of without having to pay shipping and customs πŸ™ xo

3. April 16, 2016 / 10:41 am

I’m really into these kind of nude colours at the moment but haven’t tried the NYX ones, might have to order a few as they look stunning on you Em!
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

• EmsAlice
      April 17, 2016 / 3:59 pm

You should definitely give them a go as they are so lovely! Thanks hun xo

• EmsAlice
      April 17, 2016 / 3:59 pm

Definitely go treat yourself as they’re gorgeous πŸ™‚ xo

4. April 17, 2016 / 10:59 pm

These look amazing on you! Have a lovely week x

Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee

• EmsAlice
      April 19, 2016 / 11:55 am

Thanks lovely, you too! xo

• EmsAlice
      April 19, 2016 / 11:56 am

They are so lovely and it’s such a shame you can’t try them πŸ™ Hopefully they become available to you soon xo

5. April 18, 2016 / 4:48 pm

UGH they both look amazing, I don’t actually own any of them (I’m clearly mad) and I need to buy some!

Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

• EmsAlice
      April 19, 2016 / 11:56 am

Thanks! You should definitely give them a try as I think they are the bomb-diggity haha xo

6. April 19, 2016 / 2:27 am

I love the color of this lippie! it’s so gorgeous! I would love to try it πŸ™‚

xx Jamie| With Love, Jamie

• EmsAlice
      April 19, 2016 / 11:57 am

They are both such gorgeous colours πŸ™‚ you should give them a go! xo

7. April 23, 2016 / 8:52 pm

I picked up these two as well! I really like them, though I was a little annoyed at how similar they were to each other – it’s so hard to tell online! xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

• EmsAlice
      May 9, 2016 / 1:25 pm

They are very similar but as I was researching the shades beforehand, I knew that this was the case. I think they are both still pretty though πŸ™‚ xo

8. May 5, 2016 / 8:39 pm

These are both so beautiful! I’m so bleak that the lip lingeries are only available online. There are like three NYX counters in my town, but nowhere to buy online in South Africa :'( If you haven’t tried their soft touch matte lip creams I’d definitely recommend those too!

Kelly // Velvet and Vibranium

• EmsAlice
      May 9, 2016 / 1:26 pm

Oh that must be so annoying. Hopefully they become available at your counters soon. I have just purchased the matte lip creams and am in love with them! πŸ™‚ xo

9. May 25, 2016 / 7:47 am

I ordered ruffle trim and exotic and sadly the first was terrible on me but the second is perfect. A repurchase for sure and I don’t even like nude lipstick

• EmsAlice
      May 25, 2016 / 11:52 am

oh no πŸ™ at least the second one was good and it wasn’t a complete failure. I usually don’t like nudes either but they are growing on me xo

10. Kate
    September 17, 2016 / 9:50 pm

Wow! Emily, you are stunning and lovely on both. I am East Asian and I have really pale skin tone and I am afraid of trying soft colors because I end up look sick or not cute on me. In this reason I usually wear bright pink and red. You can certainly provide me with advice :)) Thank you for the great posting!